- Take Rest and Stay Warm - It is very important to get rest when you are suffering from cold and cough. Resting is the first thing your body needs in such condition, it helps your body direct its energy to fighting off your infection, and helps you in healing fast. stay warm by wearing warm and a little heavy, thick clothes. Lying down under a blanket or a quilt will help you a lot.
- Gargle With Warm Salt Water - Take warm water in a glass, add half teaspoon of salt to it and start gargling. it moistens your sore and scratchy throat and brings relief. Gargling also helps you when you are suffering from cold, stuffy and runny nose.
- Soup - Eating/drinking chicken soup or any other soup, especially chicken soup, when you have cold or cough helps you to get rid of congestion, you are able to breathe properly, you feel relaxed. it is very good for soothing both cold and cough. The hot soup helps break up the congestion linked with both cold and cough.
- Luke Warm Water - Drink luke warm water, it helps treating or fighting against common cold, cough or sore throat. Drinking luke warm water reduces inflammation in the throat and kills the infection of the throat.
- Milk and Turmeric - You can find milk and turmeric in your kitchen easily, it is a very strong antioxidant which helps in treating not just common cold and cough but it also helps in treating many other health problems. take one small cup or glass of warm milk mixed with a half teaspoon of turmeric powder is an effective way of treating cold and cough at home. Drink it before you sleep for better results.
- Ginger Tea - Drinking ginger tea when you are suffering from cold and cough is very beneficial. It also tastes very good. It helps in drying runny nose and helps you to recover fast.
- Vicks Vaporub - Applying a little amount of vicks vaporub on your chest, neck, upper back and even on your nose helps you in breathing and helps in getting rid of coughing. Because Vicks VapoRub contains cough suppressants and it is good for cold and cough.
Keep yourself hydrated, keep yourself warm and take regular baths to stay clean and healthy. Avoid cold drinks and cold food, don`t eat too much oily or spicy food, because cold drinks and food and also spicy and oily food can give you common cold or sore throat. Consume lots of proper fluids, stay active to stay healthy.
Read more here ⇊